Sat, Sep 21|
Blarney Books and Art
Creative Journaling Workshop with Tamsien West
Unlock your creativity through the practice of journaling and be guided and inspired by Instagram sensation Tamsien, of Babbling Books!
Time & Location
Sep 21, 2019, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Blarney Books and Art, 37 James St, Port Fairy VIC 3284, Australia
About The Event
Discover the world of journaling with words and collage to build confidence in your creativity. Nurture mindfulness through honest reflection, and dust off those notebooks and journals you’ve been saving for ‘one day’.
This workshop is perfect for anyone who doubts their creativity, has trouble sticking to creative goals, or has felt intimidated by the idea of keeping a journal. Whether you want to finish a particular journal you’ve started (perhaps a well-intentioned travel-journal), or want to kickstart that creative dream you’ve nurtured, this workshop is designed for you.
Unlock your creativity and spark your imagination with tailored activities in this guided journaling session. We’ll provide you with a wide selection of supplies, so all you need to bring is an open mind.
What you will learn:
- Techniques to build creative confidence and overcome First Page Fear
- How to design creative page layouts using a variety of techniques
- Where to start with writing in a journal, including prompts to overcome blocks and establishing a positive journaling practice
What you will get:
- A notebook to get you started
- An illustrated creative journaling workbook filled with activities and inspiration
- Take home pack of mixed vintage and modern ephemera (book pages, stamps, music sheets etc) to get you started
You’re also welcome to bring your own unfinished journals, or any ephemera (such as tickets, photos or meaningful papers) with you, and we can work on developing your creative idea together. Otherwise, if you don’t have a project we’ll supply you with all the materials you need to begin.
$110 per participant - $100 for students/seniors.