- Sat, Jun 26Port Fairy
- Sat, Jun 26Port FairyJun 26, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PMPort Fairy, 37 James St, Port Fairy VIC 3284, AustraliaThrough their experimental works, both Wayne and Michael address masculinity, especially in an Australian context. Each author employs a degree of comic relief, and it’s this that will be the focus here - how does the use of comedy help with the heavy lifting of problematic issues?
- Sat, Jun 26Blarney Books and ArtJun 26, 7:00 PMBlarney Books and Art, 37 James St, Port Fairy VIC 3284, AustraliaJock Serong released his FIFTH novel, The Burning Island, in Our Year of Covid (2020). For this event, Jock will discuss his novel with one of Australia's leading thinkers, Don Watson! [This event is supported by the wonderful people behind the Port Fairy Winter Weekends program.]
- Sun, Jun 27Port FairyJun 27, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMPort Fairy, 37 James St, Port Fairy VIC 3284, AustraliaJoin award-winning authors Danielle Binks and Nicki Greenberg for a conversation about writing for a younger audience – and specifically how to present historical information and anecdote in an accessible and engaging way.
- Sun, Jun 27Port FairyJun 27, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PMPort Fairy, 37 James St, Port Fairy VIC 3284, AustraliaAuthors Michelle Scott Tucker and Nicole Kelly each present a rewriting of histories that we are all too familiar with – Ned Kelly and John Macarthur – and put forward a new view. Join them in a fascinating discussion about history and its gendered gaze.
- Sat, Aug 07Blarney Books & Art
- Postponed due to lockdown.Blarney Books & Art